On Wednesday 25 October 2018, Harris Black’s Directors and Practice Manager (Kimberley Schluter) headed off to Singapore for their bi-annual Brentnalls Conference.
The Brentnalls group is a network of affiliated independent Chartered Accounting firms across Australia with members in Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide, Hamilton VIC, Perth and Auckland NZ. Harris Black is very proud to be a part of this dynamic team of professionals. Each of our firms have a similar passion for helping clients achieve their goals, develop their businesses and ultimately grow their wealth.
Our bi-annual conferences provide us with invaluable opportunity to share our ideas, further develop our capabilities and ultimately improve our ability to better support and provide exceptional service to our clients. Internal benchmarking comparisons and shared practice updates encourage us to continually consider ways to fine-tune and improve our own firm’s practices and procedures.
Each of our conferences has a key focus. For Singapore, we focused on ‘Family Services’ and were fortunate enough to have the following firms attend and share their knowledge:
- Philadelphia Pte Ltd (Why Singapore? History and Rise of Singapore as a Financial Hub of Asian)
- Equiom (Wealth Planning Solutions)
- Lombard Odier (Family Wealth Transitions)
- Rawlinson & Hunter (International Grouping of Professional Firms, Specialising in Financial and Taxation Advice)
- Taurus Wealth Advisors (Multi Family Office Services)
- Crest Capital (Trends and Opportunities in Private Wealth Management)
Whilst there was little downtime across the two days, we did manage to enjoy some of the facilities offered at Marina Bay Sands Hotel including their famous Infinity Pool on the top of the building. Those with a fear of heights might have felt a little uncomfortable to be 57 floors up but it was indeed spectacular!